1) Intro and fact #1: I'm kind of... no, REALLY bad at responding to things like chain e-mails or in the blogging world: tags. I've been "tagged" at least 4 times for this one..."7 Random Things About Me". Sorry for you guys that tagged me because you thought I hadn't been yet. BUT thank you for tagging me (!) MeganChair, BabyD, Melinda, and Ange-Marie :) And sorry for taking SOOO LOOOONG!
2) My eyes aren't actually green. They're brown... but I really want colored contacts so they may be green one day. Hopefully!
3) I'd say I'm really good at organizing spaces and I LOVE decorating. I should have gone to school for interior design, instead of graphic design. Hindsight is always 20/20, right?
4) I'm very girly! I love make-up, pink, heels, jewelry, and of course, nail polish! The funny thing is, I have lots of it all but I never wear any of it! (With the exception of nail polish, which is fueled by this blog. If not for it, all of my polish might just sit on a shelf with everything else) It's either too cold or too uncomfortable or I'm just too lazy to either find it or put it on. Oh well.
5) I turn into an obsessive collector when I find something that I really like. My nail polish collection started with ONE bottle of OPI and turned into 105 in a year and a half! Then, the same for Nfu Ohs! I hope I can get this thing under control!! I'm not just this way with nail polish either! I've got a stack of zip-up hoodies, camisoles, Soffie shorts, Mac eyeshadows, and the list goes on and on.
6) I have lived in Houston, TX for one year. My parents moved from Iowa to Houston when I was still in high school. I attended school there for my junior year but moved back to Iowa to graduate with my friends. It's a nice city... nice people... lots of shopping... but everyone is in such a hurry! I just can't be relaxed there.
7) I've never left the United States. I had the chance to study abroad (in Rome) my last year of college but I turned it down. I didn't want to miss anything back in Iowa. I regret that decision sometimes. Maybe I will make it there someday... :)
I'm not very interesting. Just an ordinary girl... or maybe I should say "young lady" since I'll be turning 25 this month! Where has the last quarter-of-a-century gone???
Hi there! I too, live in Houston and I love it! Glad that I've found your blog. I have the same hoarding problem that you have...I have a bunch of e/s, glosses, nail polish. One day I'll get it under control. lol
Would it really be so much to switch over to interior design? If you've got design basics, I would think it's a few changes over into the 3D world and textiles...if you're really interested, it's not too late at almost 25 to look into that too. So many people are educated for one thing and end up doing something completely different, so if you really have the knack...you already understand color...dabble and maybe you'll be an "overnight success!" ;)
Hannah Banana- It's like a disease, isn't it!? It's hard when you like something so much that you can't turn it down! Haha
Denny- I DID live in Houston... not anymore. I still travel down there to visit my parents though. I love that EVERYTHING is available within a 5 mile radius! Grocery store, mall, you-name-it! I do miss that! I'm glad you found my blog too! Hope you enjoy!
Elizabeth- You're right. I don't think it is too much of a career stretch for me to change from graphic to interior design... I need to just get out there and take some chances. The thing is, I'm shy, hate taking risks, and I'm afraid of rejection. It really makes things difficult!
Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them! Also, don't forget to check out my links above. There you'll find a section about me, my complete list of OPI (including photos!), and other important information. Enjoy :)